Hong Kong

These are some shots I took on a recent trip to Hong Kong. I was the Owner’s rep for a large ferry contract for the new Casino up there and the Purple Ferries being unloaded off the ship were the last of a 14 vessel order.

MS_CT St2
It is the largest ferry order ever!! These boats travel at 42 knots with 411 passengers and get to Macau from Hong Kong in 1 hour.

HK Lazer Show

The night shot is of the lazer show that happens every night. Taken from Kowloon side looking to Hong Kong. Some unusually clear skies whilst I was there.

The Peak Hong Kong

The other shot was taken from the Peak and once again, very clear by normal standards.

This entry was posted in New Images, Photo Shoots and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Hong Kong

1. Rod Thomas says:

Nice shots Mark…. I was there last year in HOng Kong and its something else with all those big kick arse buildings huh…… I have added a link to your blog on mine as well

Rod

Hi Rod,

Thanks for the comments and the link. I will reciprocate for sure when I get some time later today.

Hong Kong is a great place and I have spent a lot of time there over the last 20 years.

Macau is even more spectacular now that the new Venetian is almost complete. When they finish stage 5&6 they will have 18,000 hotel rooms!! It is the second largest under cover building in the world, only to the Pentagon I think!

2. rodthomas says:

Mark,

WOuld there be any chance I could maybe ring you about trip I am doing in a helicopter to The Kimberleys next week….. if so, can you email your number to studio@rodthomas.com.au and Ill give you a buzz

Thanks
    Rod

3. Sean Stak says:

NEW BLOG sweet. these are great, and that header pic is awesome you gotta post that.

4. wayte27 says:

Hey Mark,
    Welcome to the family !
    HongKong at night from Kowloon or from the 'Peak' is simply awesome.
    I also second what stacky said re your wordpress header.
    I will have you on my worpdress in no time as a link, as long as people look at my images and not salivate over your True North and True North ashore excursions ๐Ÿ™‚

Adrian

Thanks for the welcome Adrian and also the nice comments.

I will get to posting the Kimberley pics within a couple of days.

I will also post some of the West Coast and Lousiades I did last year.