Duke of York Islands

Whilst Rodney and Mike were styling up in the heli over Rabaul, I was left behind to pick up the dregs in this very shabby location! Not a bad consolation prize in my book!

The Duke of York Islands are home to a number of second world war wrecks including a couple of tanks that are only in about 10m of water. Apparently the Japanese push them off a barge before they left PNG. There are also some world war 2 prison tunnels not far from this location.

This entry was posted in Adventures in Paradise Trip 2, New Images, Photo Shoots, True North Adventures and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Duke of York Islands

1. Gotta love those blue, greens and whites … I think you had the best deal Mark … I'd much rather see an image I am immersed in rather than looking down on from a 1000 or more feet. For me I am standing right in the water on this one so I love it …

2. Mike Fletcher says:

Nice one Marky. My fav from you so far I recon. Hey Neil it looked bloody good from 1000ft and 20ft too. You will see soon enough. Watch this space.

3. Stunning Mark, one yof your best. Brilliant leading line to the island and just amazing wide angle view and colours are mindblowing. Love it!

Thanks Bo and yes indeed I know if I get the big tick from you that I have done good!

The canoe man does have a 3d component to it eh!

Mike, Looks like you have a supporter in Bo with the Duke of Yorks image eh!

Thanks Mark for the comment.

Thanks Bo!

4. Mark Griffin says:

Just want to dive in…. Great shot!

Man that would be nice in there on a humid 40deg day.

Can't believe Flemming let you off on the horizon ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Rod Thomas says:

the earth is round after all isnt it Mark, so one could be forgiven for a bent / crooked horizon…. Neal, im with Mike, it also looked pretty damn good from the heli… as he said, watch this space, his video is f*cking amazing and I have a nice little aerial shot as well… stay tuned

7. Paul Jarvis says:

love this shot mate, wouldn't mind a signed Stothard original of it actually.