Sunrise at the Basin-Rottnest Island

Here is the Pano version of the vertical taken a little later.

This entry was posted in Rottnest Island and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Sunrise at the Basin-Rottnest Island

1. philback says:

thats bloody awesome mark how much for a 30 inch print

philb

That's better , i like this one . great job.

3. What a lovely sunrise. Another couple of pics for the rotto book ๐Ÿ™‚

4. ecomuseimages says:

Top quality selection of shots here Mark. Keep this up and YOU will be hosting photo tours on your own boat!!

5. Dave Catley says:

Beautiful shot Mark, definately the best of the bunch. The light coming through those clouds is just perfect ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Yep, nice shot Mark, well done, once again!!

7. Matt saul says:

Love this one mark. I rekon you could get a pretty amazing crop out of the left two thirds. From just above the main clouds to somewhere in the reef. Focus in on the rocks and lighthouse and clouds. What ya think?

Thanks for the comments Jamie and Matt.

I will have a look when I get back Matt and see about the crop option and revert. On the iPhone just now!

Hi Matt again…I had a look at your 2/3 crop idea and feel that there are a number of elements in the larger version that make the overall feel of the shot, such as the lighter clouds in the top right hand corner…but it is all subjective at the end of the day and 'what ever floats your boat' as they say!

Thanks for the comment.

• Matt Saul says:

Was worth a look anyway! I guess im just drawn to the rays of light shining down on to the headland. Like Sandy below said, one of the best shots ive seen of The Basin also. Theres no doubt your blog is one of the most inspiring with the amount you post. Im sure i can say for everyone on here that it makes us all want to go out and shoot more!!!

8. rod thomas says:

This is crap……. Just kidding mate, I like this one better tahn the vertical huh ! ! How was my little buddy on the trip ?

Gidday Rodney…lucky you pulled back from the first comment ya hack!!

Just kiddin'

Bo had a ball and I think he is now a Rotto convert. I even got him snorkeling twice!

9. Great pic Mark, I reckon those two beams of sunlight to the left just make the image. Nicest shot of the Basin I've seen!

10. islandimages says:

Great sunrise,well captured in both images!

Tim

11. peterellery says:

Really nice shot Mark. You would have been saying to yourself "bring it on" when you fired up the tender that morning.

Hi Peter,

It did look like it was going to be OK, but a little hard to tell 1/2 hour before sunrise!

As they say f8 and be there is a very good starting point of getting a good pic eh!

Thanks for the comment Peter