Gordon Dam Tasmania

Here is a shot of Gordon Dam from the lookout. Once again shot with the Tilt Shift 17mm…schweet!

This entry was posted in Tasmania and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Gordon Dam Tasmania

1. Damn…that dam is a damn big dam! haha, oh I'm funny!

Can't wait to try that sweet tilt shift ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Mark Griffin says:

Nice shot Mark. Were you shooting from a lookout or did you have to hike up to that point – looks like it would be a trek!

• True North Mark says:

Yep Bo it's a dam big dam and looking fwd to giving you a crack at the tilt shift and Mark, the shot was taken from a lookout literally 10 steps from the car!!

3. peta says:

amazing dam, great shot…lots of steps….

• True North Mark says:

Thanks Pets…yep the stairs make for some great leading lines eh!

4. matt saul says:

very cool Mark!. dams are pretty amazing things! man beating mother nature…doesnt happen very often!
    I like the simple white borders you are running now…was never a fan of the old blog template with big title..too distracting i think..the simple white with the signature works a treat!

• True North Mark says:

Thanks Matt…yep I was getting a bit tired of thinking of titles etc!

5. hodgy1 says:

I had forgotten just how big the dam wall was, it's huge alright. Image the water pressure on the top side. Great view as well.

• True North Mark says:

Yes it is an impressive achievement alright Peter…I can't imagine the engineering calcs that must go into designing something like that…never mind designing the process of how to do it!

6. hodgy1 says:

It's all about the curve I reckon.

• True North Mark says:

I am sure you're right Peter…but I for one would not like to be putting my balls on the line that my calcs were right!

7. islandimages says:

Nice Mark!
    The irony is the justification for building this dam and flooding Lake Peddar was that Tasmania would have ample electricity supply for ever.
    Now they import electricity from Victoria which is Coal fired! Go figure!

• True North Mark says:

So what happened to the electricity they are generating out of the dam Tim? Is it not enough for demand these days?

8. islandimages says:

In dry conditions they supplement Hydro-Electric Power from all the dams in Tas with electricity from Vic to save water! I just shook my head when i first heard it.

9. Tony Middleton says:

despite the enviromental aspect of it all… it is one mean ass dam wall hey ! Did you base jump of it ? ๐Ÿ˜‰

10. davidsobik says:

I love that rail thingy plunging down into the darkness. This would look awsome as a huge print on a wall.

Yes thumbs up for the signature as well!

• True North Mark says:

Thanks Dave

Yes it is a pretty aesome achievement and it makes a dramatic photo.

Jenna did a great job on the signature logo eh!