Bruny Island Neck

This shot was taken from the ‘Neck’ lookout on Bruny Island. Not the best day in the world there but I kind of like the depth in this shot.

It started to rain not long after this!

This entry was posted in Tasmania and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Bruny Island Neck

1. Dave Bettini says:

Interesting perspective and symmetry Mark. Clouds are great. Looks quite tidal on the rhs.
    Cheers
    Dave

• True North Mark says:

Thanks Dave,

Not really an epic image but it tells a story I guess!

2. Andrew Brown says:

Nice work Mark. I like the symmetry

3. I am not quite sure it works for me as an image but still, it is surely intriguing because that is one crazy view and perspective. Not often one sees a neck lookout like that and almost mirrored image in real life from left to right.

• True North Mark says:

Yep know what you mean Bo, but as you say it is a little different!

4. Luke Austin says:

Interesting view Mark. I like the overall mood of the image.

5. MatthewSaul says:

works for me Mark, i like the composition and feel of it. i wonder what it would look like without the walkway? bit of content aware fill perhaps?

6. Dan Proud says:

Keep the walkway! great shot Mark

7. davidsobik says:

I like it Mark. Lots going on and I find myself studying the image looking for all the little parts that make it up. Good job!

Cheers

8. wayte27 says:

I love this stretch of beach you have captured mark. Pity re the light but still cool perspective

• True North Mark says:

Yep totally agree Adrian…not much I could do about the light on the day though!

9. Sweet location and capture Mark, really nice perspective …

• True North Mark says:

Thanks for the comment again Neal..and this one surprises me a bit as it is not one I thought you would rate!

• I'm a sucker for wide open landscapes so this one caught my attention … I like the pov and its a place in Tassie you dont see a lot of images from … Sure it could be a blazing sunrise sunset, but I kinda like the winter feel of this capture and this is how it looks for 9 months of the year being tassie …

• True North Mark says:

Cool Neal….it was a shame the day wasn't kinder to me as there for sure are some great shooting opportunities over there. You could spend a few days there I reckon and do some serious hiking to get to the good stuff!

10. I have 10 days hiking and tenting coming up in Tasmania with my brother which we planned around March this year so its finally getting a little closer … Just hoping it is cold and white in the alpines when we get there …