Longreach Bay at Rottnest Island

Here is a panorama of my favourite bay at Rottnest…which also happens to be where I have my mooring! πŸ™‚

The water clarity was as good as it gets last weekend which made it perfect for some great seascapes.

My boat is close to the beach not far off the centre of the shot.

This entry was posted in Rottnest Island and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Longreach Bay at Rottnest Island

1. Sweet spot to shoot from Mark. Love that water clarity, very nice capture …

• True North Mark says:

Thanks Neal…Nice to hear from you mate!

Longreach is a hard bay to Capture I reckon due to its size, so I decided to explore some different vantage points…and yep I reckon this one works!

2. Niki says:

Omg dad that's such an amazing shot very jealous your getting those nice sunny weekends at rotto and instead I'm In the rain and cold in London πŸ™

• True North Mark says:

Hey my beautiful Baby!

No landscape will ever challenge your beauty! πŸ™‚

Of couse you could always come home and come to Rotto with us! πŸ™‚

Love

Fasher

3. Good memories. Gorgeous colours and good composition…but finally…finally I get to make a crack again re optical illusions! I do not quite remember the ocean being tilted towards the sea when I was there but then again, I am no expert on the sea, far from it so who am I to point out that finally someone pointed a crooked horizon for Human Spirit Level to make fun of πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰

4. True North Mark says:

I am sure it is an optical illiusion there Bomont!

In fact I really do think it is as the Tripod was as level as can be! πŸ™‚

5. islandimages says:

Nice image Mark. Am I correct in remembering that Rotto was once used as a prison?

• True North Mark says:

Hi Tim,

You are indeed correct!

It was used to mainly house Aboriginal prisoners and they built all of the infrastructure on the island.

In fact the Rottnest Lodge was the actual prison!

They have done a nice job of the conversion of it and it features a nice pool setting in the centre of the accommodation area.

Thanks for the comment mate!

6. Cleggy says:

Great shot Mark, i thought there would of been a lot more boats over there for that great weekend.

7. dave bettini says:

Beautiful! Wonderful angle indeed. Must get over there this summer.
    Cheers