Longreach Clarity

I took a bunch of images last weekend, but I think this one goes a long way towards showing the water clarity and just how serene we had it over those 2 days!

This entry was posted in Rottnest Island and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Longreach Clarity

1. Andrew Brown says:

Magnificent clarity Mark. Be hard to see it better than that

• True North Mark says:

Indeed Andrew…I don't think I have ever seen it better than that and I have been going there for 37 years!

2. Hi Mark,

Fantastic clarity its stunning and I just wish I was there to jump in! A shot to be really happy with. I'm sure you made a typo mate. Surely a man of your age has only been going to Rotto for 17 years. 🙂

jamie

3. that's fantastic Mark. as the previous comments said I want to jump on in right now! if I didn't know from personal experience the water temp at this time of year anyway lol. or is it a bit warmer this year?

love that foreground tho- and co-operative clouds too!
    just wondering however- is that some wide angle distortion on that boat on the left- or is it about to capsize 😛 haha

• True North Mark says:

Indeed it is wide angle distortion Steven…but in a position where it's a little difficult to fix!

4. islandimages says:

Very nice Mark,that foreground really makes it!

5. Matt saul says:

great image Mark!, sure was clear that day, especially staring at the reef at chickens!

6. Tony Middleton says:

Looking very inviting for a snorkel there mate ! What's the water temp sitting on out there atm ?
    cheers,
    T 🙂

• True North Mark says:

It's still a little cold at about 21 degrees I reckon but it's ok if you're rough tough and hard to bluff there Tone! 🙂

7. Cleggy says:

Great Shot Mark as everyone else has said you just want to jump in. I had heard that the dredging had effected some of Rotto but it definitely hasn't at longreach.

8. Peta says:

The clarity in the water is amazing, as you said it's not that often that you get the water that clear. Looks Ike it would have been a great day for diving.@

9. Wow, the clarity is pretty impressive. Were you also using a polariser filter?

• True North Mark says:

Hey Graham,

Thank for all the comments mate!

No I wasn't using a polariser as it was the 17mm tilt shift lense that has a curved lense that makes it impossible to put a filter in front…which I guess makes it all the more special as it was without a polariser eh!

10. muzz says:

You capture a richness at Rotto that is sometimes missed on those baking hot days – nicely done.