South Perth Sunrise

Another beautiful sunrise at my favourite South Perth Jetty.

Captured whilst riding around the river last weekend.

This entry was posted in Australian Landscapes and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to South Perth Sunrise

1. I love those subdued blues and oranges and the reflections in the water. Another cracker as always mate. πŸ™‚

2. Andrea Green says:

Another really nice shot Mark, gotta love those sunrises hey.
    Only thing, would it be better if the jetty was right in the middle instead of slightly off center?

3. Probably! Nothing a crop wouldn’t fix eh!

• Andrea Green says:

Yes this is true Mark, although pleasantly suprised that I am picking up on all these little things instead of just getting excited to see great shots. It’s a good learning curb to really look at things instead of just going yeh that’s great.

4. Actually its really funny. I noticed the jetty was off centre but didn’t mention it because for some reason I really liked it off centre. You just can’t please everyone!

J

5. Ain’t that the truth mate!

• Andrea Green says:

Ah bite me you two :0
      Funny you say that Jamie, I did a jetty shot and it was likes Mark’s, just off centre cause there was a pole in my way. I wanted to be in a certain possy and I thought I would have to crop it so it was dead centre, maybe I need to open my uneducated photography mind to other rules or just break them, though gotta say I think other people would say it was off centre, maybe we should ask Merv or Flemming lol.

6. Now what would they no Andrea! πŸ™‚

7. Hi Andrea,

You should always shoot for yourself. Create what you feel like creating. If other people like it, that is a fantastic bonus.

Jamie

• Andrea Green says:

Yeh I know Jamie, I think sometimes there are too many so called rules and you feel the need to apply them quite alot but in the end you must decide for yourself, dare to be different I say. But I still reckon the jetty needs to be in the middle HA HA HA! πŸ™‚

8. Andrea Green says:

Well Flemming always says about your optical illusions and the thirds rule and Merv is fussy so I reckon one of them would surely have to agree with me LOL πŸ™‚

9. Andrea, remember there are no rules. If it works it works. Can’t quite comment on this image as I dislike all images with a jetty. Actually there are rules for landscape photographers, one of them being don’t shoot jetties! ;D

(being a bit cheeky this morning)

• Andrea Green says:

Hey Flemming, oh come on what’s wrong with jetties? I like jetties, it must be because your not into the normal landscapes shots at the moment, I’m still so new I haven’t had a chance to get sick of any of it yet.

Yeh I tend to be a bit cheeky at times, you just haven’t had the opportuniy to be around me much to really see.

• If he keeps up with comments like that Andrea, we might have to elevate him to ‘Hack’ status eh! πŸ™‚

• I have never liked jetty shots, never. They are high on the list of landscape clichΓ©es that no one should ever shoot anymore πŸ™‚ I should write a full list one day, would be very helpful for everyone πŸ™‚ Long exposure waterfalls or water running over rocks, nope, world has enough of those thank you. Solitary tree (one I’m very guilty of), no way, we are all stocked up on those! And so on and so on πŸ™‚

• Andrea Green says:

Oh Flemming your sounding so cynical πŸ™
          I love all of the shots that you don’t, it’s too funny but I just can’t help myself. I totally love long exposures with waterfalls or for that matter water running on rocks or anything of the like.
          I’m afraid I would have to dare to defy your list of what not to shoot anymore, I wouldn’t be able to help myself. πŸ™‚

• You’ll keep blondie!

10. Give that boy a floggin’ we will…might like it might! πŸ™‚

11. Dave Catley says:

Jetties may be a bit of a cliche but that just makes it more of a challenge to get an outstanding shot πŸ™‚

So many jetty shots have the jetty smack in the middle and what I liked about this one is that it is off centre enough to be different but only in a subtle way. What I really like is the way the light is looking down on the boardwalk in a kind of condescending “why aren’t you in the middle of the shot” kind of way. Great composition on my opinion πŸ™‚

Andrea, never be afraid of what others will say about your art, the worst thing is if no one is saying anything πŸ™‚

• Andrea Green says:

Cheers Dave, I figure you can’t please everybody.
      Seeings how so many of you think it’s ok just off centre I’m going to use my one that I liked and not centre it after all. I’m being daring πŸ™‚

12. Why thank you Dave…you can come back again anytime! πŸ™‚

13. She’s a bad girl that one! πŸ™‚

14. Yep – nice palette there mate !