Quindalup Boat Ramp

I went down to Quindalup this morning only to be greeted with a totally overcast sky, but decided to hang around and see what I could get.

Quindalup has been my nemesis for a while now as everything seems to be working agains me when I try to get a new angle to this very well captured location.

I think this has come out OK actually and is for sure the best so far.

This entry was posted in Quindalup and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Quindalup Boat Ramp

1. Ian Wiese says:

Seems it was better than we thought – I should have continued down with the cherry picker! That is a pretty nice Quindalup boat ramp shot.

2. That’s pretty good mark, Great sky.

I know what you mean. I’m never even sure I’m at the right place cause I just can’t get anything worthwhile from there. Seems you have to live nearby and go there everyday.

• Ian Wiese says:

Merv

The results for the second EPSON International Pano Awards (2010).
      Overall 985 photographers from 62 countries entered.
      In the Nature category the Cape to Cape Region in the South West of Western Australia appeared the most in the top 50 placings in the Amateur and Open sections. Interestingly the Quindalup jetty appeared twice in these results making it the only structure to appear as the main subject more than once. (Sydney Harbour Bridge appeared in several broader Sydney Harbour shots).
      The region featured in images of the Quindalup jetty (2), Bunker Bay(1), Canal Rocks(1), Hamelin Bay(1) and possibly others that I can’t recall.

While it probably helps to be a local, one of the winning entrants shooting the jetty was from Chicago!

For some reason the Quindalup jetty seems to be one of the most photogenic subjects in the world! The designer must be the most underrated designer ever (who was he??). But as Mark found you have to try hard (I turned around halfway in to the jetty this morning writing it off as a disaster, so locals are not always the best judge!).

4. All true words from a very ‘Wise’ man! He He! πŸ™‚

5. Ben Messina says:

Nice Mark, I like the sky and reflection.

6. Very much the sytle I’m into at the moment mate. So its hit a definite sweet spot for me. Nice work as always.

Jamie

7. As always…thanks Jamie! πŸ™‚

8. Matt Saul says:

I can claim one of those Quindalup Jetty shots Ian πŸ™‚

9. Matt Saul says:

P.s Sweet shot mark! loving that reflection!

10. Thanks Matty Matt! πŸ™‚

11. I dig the tidal pool and reflections and sand ripples in the foreground Mark – cool !

12. Christian Fletcher says: