A night out with a Harley!

I am pleased to report that I now have my lappy back and I am back on line…whoo hoo!

On Thursday evening a few keen photogs and a work mate cruised up to Lancelin for a light painting shoot and we had a cracker of a time.

On board were Steve Buchanan (the model), Flemming Bo Jensen, aka Flembot, Sven, Flembotaruny and ‘international man of mystery’, Peta North, the lovely Charlene, Nigel and Glenn Baker…’the cabinet maker’!

We were treated to a very cool sunset with just the right amount of cloud cover to give a nice soft light and some background drama.

Steve was a natural model and it was good to see him outside of his comfort zone!

Peta and Nigel…aka flash kings and queens were all over the scene for a while there with the numerous flash toys that Peta had to choose from and then after dark we set about do ing some light painting.

The resultant light painting image is a blend of 25 images.

We set off back to Perth at about 2200 which got me home at about midnight. I felt both excited and tired all at once

This entry was posted in Photo Shoots and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to A night out with a Harley!

1. A very fun evening! Thanks to the whole gang, had such a great time. We must do it again. Stalking Glenn in the dunes, Mark and his Flash t-shirt, Peta talking to her car (!!) — awesome evening!

2. Ric McDonald says:

Love the way you have brought out the texture in the dunes in the second one, the others a re pretty cool too

3. Ian Wiese says:

Hi Mark

You seem to be getting the hang of light painting!

Do you have any color versions?

Ian

4. Indeed I do Ian, but I reckon the black and white looks better.

5. Peta says:

Yes it was a fun evening…the stalkers were very funny….poor Glen….
    Nice light made it a fun shoot, profoto lights made perfect fill, then onto Marks light painting with his home made light….excellent…

6. Tim Wootton says:

The second shot is a cracker Mark!

7. Thanks Tim…that the light painting one that is the result of the technique I have been developing for a while now.

8. nice set of image … my fav would be the first sepia toned one … wish I could of made this shoot ….

9. Next time mate…Steve is keen for more…any ideas on a location where we could get him close to the water so we can get some water movement as well?

I was thinking maybe Yanchep?

10. Andrew Brown says:

Great work Mark, looks like fun. I like the first and reckon that the third would be the pick.

11. Thanks Andrew,

It was a fun night and we will be doing more of it for sure!

12. Brent says:

Hey Mark

Lovely work. Really striking portraits. You need to to change your logo strap line to read “landscape and adventure photographer…. And portrait photographer and light painting photographer.

Nice work to all involved.

Brent